Located near Kelageri lake in Dharwad, JSS Institute of Speech and Hearing is situated on a lush green campus spanning approximately 80 acres. The campus also houses JSS Public School, JSS Halbhavi School of Arts, JSS Production Centre, and JSS-ADWIT Global IT Centre. The institute is affiliated with Karnatak University, Dharwad, and recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), New Delhi. It is also recognized as a rehabilitation center by the Suvarna Arogya Suraksha Trust (SAST) under the Cochlear Implant Scheme of the Government of Karnataka.
The institute’s objectives are to provide high-quality education, affordable clinical services, public education, and research based on the needs of the community. The focus is on nurturing compassionate healthcare professionals.
Dharwad is the district headquarters of Dharwad District in the state of Karnataka, India. It is merged with Hubballi, forming the second-largest city in Karnataka. While Dharwad is known for its academic and cultural centers, Hubballi is a commercial and industrial hub. Dharwad boasts several prestigious educational institutions, such as Karnatak University, Agricultural University, and IIT. The city is well-connected to major cities in India by rail and road.
- To become a centre of excellence in speech and hearing
- Imparting quality education to make the students self-reliant and efficient rehabilitation professionals
- Providing treatment to people with speech, language and hearing impairments without discrimination to the best of our ability using state of the art technologies.
- Conducting quality research to meet the needs of the differently abled
- Educating the public about speech and hearing problems and the available rehabilitation options